Are you looking for someone to manage your HOA? After decades of providing South Carolina with property management, maintenance, and small HOA management we have decided to put our streamlined and cost-effective approach to practice with all types of residential and commercial HOAs! Our team has over 85 years of combined education and intimate knowledge.
OUR HOA SERVICES INCLUDE:
The Shandon Group prides itself on customizing a management plan to fit your community’s needs. The exact HOA management company responsibilities will depend on the pre-agreed upon services stipulated in the management contract. Some of our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the HOA’s governing documents
- Ensure the HOA complies with federal, state, and local laws
- Help prepare the annual budget
- Ensure the HOA stays within budget
- Collect dues and assessments
- Oversee invoices, receivables, payables, and delinquencies
- Secure the right Vendors
- Provide management and financial reports to the board
- Schedule and attend board meetings
- Document and keep records
- Ensure that all HOA rules and regulations created by the Board are enforced
- Levy penalty fees and collect on a case by case basis
- Review policies and provide recommendations
- Reply to homeowner concerns and questions
- Keep members updated through various communication channels
- Sending notices and following up in the allotted time frame
- Sending photographic evidence
- Maintain common areas
- Oversee projects
- Resolve disputes within the community
- Help facilitate board elections
- Advise the board on various matters and decisions
- Property inspections
- Maintain office hours
- We are located at 2324 Devine Street and are open Monday through Friday from 9 to 5pm – OUR DOORS WILL NEVER BE SHUT FOR YOU!
- We have a live 24/7 emergency line
- We are available after hours with proper notice
- Coordinate with professionals such as attorneys, accountants, reserve specialists, vendors, etc.
IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS ABOUT HOW WE MANAGE
At The Shandon Group we know that location plays a huge factor in how your community receives service. Our HOA service area is within 2 hours from our office located in Downtown Columbia. We want our office to be accessible and want to be able to respond in a timely manner to your community. Whether it means having Owners drop by during business hours to chat, doing ride by inspections of your community, appearing at any common areas or amenities, or meeting an owner on site to view a problem we want to make sure that we are never inconveniencing you, the client, or seem unreachable! Location also plays a huge factor in how your community is handled and a lifetime of servicing and our employees residing in Richland and Lexington County help us go that extra step.
We know that customer service is a characteristic that can determine the successfulness of the partnership between an HOA management company and the HOA Board, Owners, and Community. We believe that you deserve the absolute best in communication and we strive to make ourselves reachable via in person walk-ins, phone, email, and texting from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday and a 24/7 live after hours line for any emergencies that may arise. Our high communication standards don’t just apply to the Board members but also all homeowners! We want to be able to receive, address, correct or plan a correction plan for any concern in a timely manner and communicate professionally and respectfully. You will NEVER feel like you have to go through a third party company, have to press buttons to reach a live person, dial in a community code, or have messages go unanswered at The Shandon Group!
The Shandon Group understands that we are in the 21st century and we want to use all the technology at our disposal. We offer online payments, online communication to include texting, phone calls, virtual meetings, virtual voting, online violation submission forms, an online portal for the Board and so much more! We want to create a customized experience for your community. We can create, monitor, and maintain social media pages, logos, websites, dedicated email addresses, online Community Bylaws, etc… That being said we do NOT want technology to overshadow your ability to pay via check, come into the office, meet face to face, have newsletters mailed out, quarterly/yearly information packets, etc…
The Shandon Group offers a variety of financial management through our in house financial specialist located right in our office! We want you to be able to rely on us for guidance regarding important financial decisions for your community. We keep detailed account records in accordance with all local, state, federal, and individual HOA requirements. We offer online tracking of financials for the Board and monthly/quarterly/yearly statements emailed. Our employees general accounting knowledge goes a long way when helping you to maintain monthly, quarterly, and yearly HOA budgets.